GUIDANCE REGARDING EID-UL-FITR
Considering the prevailing situation in the country the All Ceylon Jamiyyathul Ulama requests the Muslim community to adhere to the following guidelines pertaining to Eid-ul-Fitr.
- All Muslims are requested to celebrate the Eid-Ul-Fitr on the day, based on the collective decision taken by Colombo Grand Masjid, ACJU and the Department of Muslim Religious and Cultural Affairs.
- Due to the prevailing situation in the country, performing Eid Salaah in playgrounds or such public areas should be avoided, and prayers should be offered only within Masjids.
- Traveling by vehicles for Eid prayers should be avoided. In unavoidable circumstances, if required to travel by vehicle, it is recommended to travel collectively rather than traveling individually.
- Masjid Trustees should make necessary security arrangements by coordinating with the respective Police Stations.
- Considering the situation of the victims of the recent terrorist and mob attacks during the last few weeks, Muslims are requested to observe Eid celebrations in a very simple manner, to share the special dishes prepared for the occasion with neighbors and the needy, to refrain from unnecessary luxury and extravagance, and to engage in efforts to provide possible assistance to those victims who are affected.
- Females are requested to refrain from going out for Eid related shopping activities as much as possible and to get their purchasing done by the males.
May Allah accept all our Ibadaah and Good Deeds during this Month of Ramadhaan, restore normalcy and bestow peace and prosperity in our Motherland.
Ash-Shaikh H. Omardeen
Secretary – ACJU Propagation Division