Health officials have announced that the second wave of Coronavirus spread is much severe than before and the country is in a vulnerable situation. We are aware that the government has taken various initiatives to further curb the spread of this disease. Every one of us must adhere to the related guidelines issued by the Government to the public and cooperate to ensure to prevent the further spread of this disease in Sri Lanka.
It is incumbent upon every Mu’min to believe that all matters in this world happens in accordance to the ‘Will of Allah’. Generally, Almighty Allah, has revealed the cure for all diseases. Abu Huraira (RA) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) has narrated that “Allah has not revealed any disease without having revealed its cure.”
Furthermore, the ACJU requests all Muslims to adhere to the following guidelines in order to protect everyone from being affected from this virus:
- Those who are living in the areas where the curfew is imposed should adhere the related regulations. And to act responsibly, understanding that the curfew has been enforced for the benefit of all in order to prevent the spread of the corona virus. (Media statement released on 06.04.2020: https://acju.lk/en/downloads/download-posters/file/245-an-important-announcement-jointly-issued-by-sri-lanka-police-headquarters-and-acju?start=20)
The Prophet (PBUH) said, “If you hear about it (an outbreak of plague) in a land, do not go to it; but if plague breaks out in a country where you are staying, do not run away from it.” (Saheeh Bukhari: 5729, Saheeh Muslim: 2219)
- Follow the guidelines issued by the Health officers completely. Especially guidelines such as wearing of face masks, regular washing of hands and maintenance of 1 meter distance, should be strictly adhered.
The Prophet (PBUH) said, “Do not put a patient with a healthy person” (Saheeh Bukhari: 5771, Saheeh Muslim: 2221)
- Those who live in areas where the curfew is not in effect, should refrain from going out except for essential needs and should avoid gathering in public places.
The Prophet (PBUH) said, “Those who remain at home to protect themselves and the others, are in the path of Allah” (Musnad Ahmed)
- Perform the five obligatory Prayers at home at the prescribed time in congregation. (Poster released on 10.05.2020: https://acju.lk/en/downloads/download-posters/file/263-performing-salaah-in-congregation-with-the-family?start=20)
- Follow the complete guidelines issued by the Waqf Board on matters related to the Masjids.
- In accordance with the previously issued guidelines, recite Qunooth-An-Naazila for a Month in the five obligatory Prayers, abstain from sinful acts, engage in Dua, Dhikr, Isthighfaar, observe Fasts and Sadaqa, and pray for the country and its people.
(Detailed explanation on the Qunooth-An-Naazila is included in the statement released on 26.10.2020: https://acju.lk/en/news/acju-news/item/2015-let-us-recite-qunooth-an-naazilah-briefly-during-the-regular-five-times-prayers-for-a-month-seeking-protection-from-coronavirus-covid-19)
Furthermore, recite the following Dua excessively:
اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْبَرَصِ وَالْجُنُونِ وَالْجُذَامِ وَمِنْ سَيِّئِ الأَسْقَامِ
(Meaning: "O Allah, I seek refuge in Thee from leprosy, madness, elephantiasis, and evil diseases." Abu Dawud: 1554)
- Aalims should remind the public frequently regarding the above matters by creating awareness and providing religious guidance.
May Almighty Allah protect the people of our Motherland and the entire world from these deadly diseases, Aameen.
Ash Shaikh M.S.M. Thassim
Asst. General Secretary
All Ceylon Jamiyyathul Ulama
Note: We kindly requests the ACJU Branches and Trustees of Masjids to make arrangements to read out these guidelines to the public through the mosques for three days consecutively.